The design of this Valentine's card is straightforward, so it's easy to paint. (Fast too, if you've left painting your Valentine's card to the day before!) What makes it special is the love note you write on the heart, which you can then turn into a "secret message" by painting over it.
You will need:
- A printout of this heart stencil
- A craft knife or pair of scissors to cut out the stencil
- A stiff piece of card, watercolor paper, or multi-media paper for the card. (The size it wants to be depends on the size of envelope you're going to use or make, remembering you're going to fold the paper in half)
- Three different red paints (or any three colors you like). If you're making a last-minute card, use fast-drying acrylics, watercolors, or gouache, rather than slow-drying acrylics or oil paints.
- A paint brush
- A pen with waterproof ink
- A pencil and an eraser
- Some glue (optional if you're using acrylic paints)