- Edward Hopper 1882 (American, Realism)
- Alexander Calder 1898 (American, Abstract). Invented the mobile (a form of kinetic sculpture).
- Philipp Otto Runge 1777 (German, Romantic, color theorist)
- Virgil Finlay 1914 (American, illustrator specializing in science fiction, horror, and fantasy)
- Alphonse Mucha 1860 (Czech, Art Nouveau and decorative painter)
- Thomas Eakins 1884 (American, Realism)
- Marcel Duchamp 1887 (French/American, Surrealism, Dada)
- Berix Potter 1866 (English, Illustrator). Famous for her watercolor illustrations in her children's books, particularly of Peter Rabbit.
- Eastman Johnson 1824 (American, Genre paintings, portraits). Co-Founder of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
- Henry Moore 1898 (British, abstract)
- Jean Dubuffet 1909 (French, painter and sculptor, Art Brut). Dubuffet Foundation