You're welcome to contact me via social media (Facebook/Twitter) to ask questions.
- Don't you need talent to paint?
- Learning to paint is like learning to read. Everyone can do it, some people just take to it faster than others. And, like, reading, it's essential to learn the ABC's of painting before you attempt a masterpiece. Perseverance, persistence, and a willingness to just give it a go and see what happens are what it takes to become an artist.
- Do I first need to learn to draw?
- Some drawing skills certainly do help, but if you don't want to spend time working on these, don't let it stop you starting to paint.
- I'm already 40/50/60/70 years old, isn't it a bit late to start painting?
- You only have one life and if you don't start now, then when will you? It's never too late to discover the pleasures that painting can bring, and it's not a creative activity that's age specific.
- Aren't some art materials poisonous?
- Yes, some pigments are poisonous, but if you take sensible precautions, such as not licking your brush, they don't pose a risk. (See Safety Tips for Using Art Materials for some tips on working safely with art materials.)