1. Home

Poll: What to Wear to Art Class?

By January 22, 2013

art class fashion

POLL: What do you wear when you're painting? Vote by clicking on your choice in the list:

1. An old shirt.
2. An old shirt and pair of trousers.
3. An old dress.
4. Overalls / coveralls / dungarees.
5. An apron.
6. Nothing special, whatever I'm wearing that day.
7. Not a thing, I paint in the nude.
8. Something else.
(View the results of this poll so far...)

Comments

February 3, 2010 at 8:33 am
(1) Nancy says:

Too funny! Imagine painting with all those people staring at you, too.

February 3, 2010 at 9:10 am
(2) ROBERT.VENN says:

I WEAR JEANS AND AN OLD SHIRT. IT SEEMS I LIKE TO WIPE THINGS ON MYSELF.

February 3, 2010 at 9:44 am
(3) Thom says:

As a Nudist/Artist ,This only makes sence to Draw and Paint Nude and a lot of the time end up as the Model. I have been doing Art classes for years now . I think you must be part of both sides to be well informed.It gives you a total perspective on reality. Thom

February 3, 2010 at 10:41 am
(4) Anne says:

I use an old nursing scrub jacket over whatever shirt I am wearing that day. Sometimes I wear a dedicated pair of sweats, but if I forget to put those on then I wear an old Market Day apron over the scrub jacket so my pants don’t get paint on them.

February 3, 2010 at 11:30 am
(5) Tony says:

Thom that was funny… anyway I wear my painter whites / As a professional Painter in the Trades its like a uniform to me . I never Had the education to become an artiest. schooling wisest in the cards for me / i would love to do a nude some day, an i don’t mean on stage…

February 3, 2010 at 5:07 pm
(6) Connie G. says:

When I paint, I definitely have to wear clothes that can get ruined. I am very messy!

February 4, 2010 at 5:00 am
(7) Warren says:

I see something, I take a photo, I put it on my laptop and get taken by the picture looking at me and then … there is just no time to think about what to wear …. I wakeup after the painting or drawing and paint paint and more paint…..

January 22, 2013 at 3:32 am
(8) Yover says:

Because I consider painting also as a sport, I wear at the moment tracksuits and ballet shoes in my studio.

January 22, 2013 at 4:18 am
(9) Margaret Shaw says:

Since getting a painting apron for Christmas – that’s what I wear. Plus old clothes – too cold to paint in the nude.
We’re now 1 month down the line from Christmas and the apron is covered in paint – easier to wipe my hands on the apron than reach for some kitchen roll.

January 22, 2013 at 10:39 am
(10) Ashleigh says:

Sadly I usually wear my best clothes and get them messed up.

January 23, 2013 at 11:20 am
(11) Anne says:

Grubbies. I wear an old shirt of my husband’s over my clothes. I even take off my rings, and tie my hair back. Sometimes I get more paint on myself than I do on the canvas.

January 24, 2013 at 5:40 pm
(12) starrpoint says:

While I understand the ones who think it would be good to paint nude, I am a messy painter and I would hate to try and get paint off some well, unmentionable places?

I wear on oversized set of scrubs. Then no matter where I wipe I am covered.

January 24, 2013 at 10:37 pm
(13) Old Fellow says:

I use an apron but I never thought about painting in the nude. If it doesn’t freak out my wife I may try it. Sounds like a perfect solution to keep the paint of clothes and shoes. I always get something on my shoes.

January 25, 2013 at 12:32 pm
(14) Meera Ahuja says:

As my painting hours are not fixed, I work when I can so I paint in my usual clothes. When I am in my formals or woolens, I wear my husband’s old shirt. Working in nude is not an option. Clothes spoiled can be replaced but irritated skin hurts a lot.