"Can you please tell me what does an artist do with the paintings that do not sell. Gifting them is one idea but what else?" -- KK
- Keep them in storage racks, for the day when your art becomes more collectible.
- Donate to fund-raisers (but only those you're still happy with; if in doubt about whether you still like a painting, don't part with it).
- Paint over those done on canvas (ideally remove any varnish so that later it doesn't cause problems for an art restorer).
- Take a painting on canvas off the stretchers, turn around, stretch again, and paint on the other side.
- Tear up paintings done on paper for collage.
- Recycle paintings on paper into hand-made paper.
- Use them to celebrate Bonfire Night.
- Add them to landfill (i.e. throw it "away").
Any other ideas? Post a comment below!